We often hear about a “buyer’s market” and the “seller’s market,” but it’s important to understand that these trends vary on a region by region basis. National trends are reporting a “buyers market” in many areas, meaning that there are more homes for sell then there are buyers, giving buyers a slight advantage – BUT – this is not currently the case in Spokane. In fact, we are trending more towards a seller’s market, meaning that there are more buyers than sellers, so many homes are receiving multiple offers.
This is an excellent time to sell in Spokane! If you really want to capitalize on current market trends, there are a couple of important steps that you’ll want to take to increase your competitiveness and get the most money for your home. Here’s a few things you need to know if you want to capitalize on Spokane’s current market and close on a new home before the holidays.
How to Sell in Spokane’s Market
Sellers who understand the market can do very well, especially in Spokane’s holiday market. It’s important to realize that just because sellers have a slight advantage in today’s market, it doesn’t mean that you can cut corners or skimp on prep if you want to get the highest possible offer.
Benefits to Selling Now:
- Seller’s market can mean higher prices and potential for multiple offers
- Well qualified buyers can close in ~21 days, so it’s possible to move before the holidays
Capitalize on Spokane’s holiday market by taking a few extra steps to increase your home’s curb appeal and showability. I recommend these simple but effective actions prior to listing your home:
- Paint, paint, and more paint! Paint covers a multitude of sins and is a cheap and easy way to completely makeover your house – see the Before and After pictures below
- Declutter – let your home’s natural shape and personality shine through
- Consider professional staging
- Do (at least) basic landscaping and add a few potted plants to increase your home’s curb appeal
Pro Tip for Sellers:
- Price your home appropriately for the market – your realtor can provide guidance and expectations on pricing
Pricing and presentation of your home during a cooling market is of the utmost importance. Hire a realtor who has a strong track record of selling homes in a buyers market. Make sure they can provide suggestions and advice on third party vendors, appraisals, staging, and selling strategies that align with your goals and needs. A good realtors knows there is no “one size fits all” approach to selling a home – every home and situation is unique and should be handled as such.
Ready to Sell in Spokane?
Carrie Meyer offers premier client services as she has in depth knowledge of the local market and represents buyers and sellers in Spokane. Her client and referral base loyalty is a result of her astute knowledge of contracts, local market data, sharp negotiating skills and her ability to match the right house to the right buyer. After the first meeting with a client she can focus in on the property and determine the approach best suited to the needs of the client’s sale.
Contact Carrie to start the process of buying or selling your home in Spokane.